AEA, SAG, AFTRA ... actor home, playwright
Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown/Green
Height: 6'3" Weight: 180lbs. Voice: Baritone, 2nd Tenor
email forwards to text: EMAIL
|SOLO SHOWS & MULTIPLE ROLE ASSIGNMENTS|
|OFF & OFF-OFF BROADWAY|
|FILM / TV / INDUSTRIAL / VIDEO|
Southeastern Oklahoma State University & Cameron University / B.A. Theatre Arts, Honors Graduate I provide training and coaching to actors in characterization and voice
Character Voices / Dialects: Southern, English, Russian, Australian, Irish, German…what else ya got?
What the Critics Say:
"Let's get to the meat: the redoubtable character actor Blocker delivers."
- New York Magazine, 2010, The Deep Throat Sex Scandal
"As always, it’s Blocker who proves to be the real delight of the evening."
- New York Press, 2010, The Deep Throat Sex Scandal
"If this were a musical, the big show stopper would belong to Blocker."
- CurtainUp, 2010, The Deep Throat Sex Scandal
"Mr. Blocker is a standout … apparently, he can act in any position."
- New York Times, 2009, Southern Gothic Novel
"What a delight to watch even villainous characters imbued with so much life and charm."
- Backstage Magazine, 2009, Southern Gothic Novel
"Mr. Blocker believes so utterly in the roles he plays that he becomes these personages."
- The Philadelphia Bulletin, 2009, Southern Gothic Novel
"Frank Blocker is a fascinating Mortimer."
- Theater Mania, 2005, Edward II
"Frank Blocker as Roderick Usher could simply sit on stage and stare at the audience for the hour and I’d still be petrified."
- Talkin’ Broadway, 2004, Fall of the House of Usher
"Blocker steals the show."
- New York Times, 2001, Eula Mae’s Beauty, Bait & Tackle